Senior Staff Accountant – Audit & Accounting / Tax
After successfully on-boarding and completing company & software training, here’s a description of what your career experience and professional development will look like upon employment at RBTK as Senior Staff Accountant – Audit & Accounting:
Here’s what your first year might look like…
- Within 1st month… Able to follow up and ensur constant communication is happening with Partners, team and clients to ensure very few, if any, surprises occur.
- Within first 3 months… You are now able to address and route all client questions coming in effectively and navigate all relationships with partners and staff. Effectively leading 2 to 3 audit/accounting client relationships from start to finish or 5 to 7 tax engagements, while managing various public accounting duties.
- Within first 6 months… You should now have very few review comments occurring and have taken on enough of the client engagements so the rest of the team is not so overloaded. Can identify problems and comes with ideas and solutions to address those challenges. You will be successfully managing 4 – 5 accounting engagements & 10 tax returns.
- By first year… Has been entrusted with multiple repeat engagements and has consistently been proactive to identify problems that will or have arose, and offers good, actionable ideas/solutions to Partners.
Experience and knowledge required:
- 4-year accounting degree or related degree with Accounting Certificate
- 4 – 5 years’ recent public accounting experience or 2 – 3 years’ BIG FOUR or NATIONAL ACCOUNTING FIRM experience
- Strong computer skills and a high level of proficiency in QuickBooks and Excel is a must; Adobe Acrobat, Lacerte and CCH Engagement preferred.
- Strong verbal/written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Able to independently prioritize and juggle multiple demanding deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment and project a positive attitude.
We offer our full time employees the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation and career paths across departments and levels
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Chiropractic Insurance
- FSA and Dependent Care Cafeteria Plans
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- 401(K) Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Licensing reimbursement programs
- CPE training and credit
For consideration and interview, please submit your resume and availability to ASanford@rbtk-cpa.com
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, climb, talk, hear, see and use complex repetitive motions. May frequently lift and or move at least 30 pounds of materials, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in the job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed by this position. Additional duties may be assigned by the Supervisor or his/her designee.