SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT (A&A and Tax Positions)
|What’s the Opportunity?
We are offering an opportunity to be part of a firm where you’re more than just an accountant. Since 1981 we have been our clients’ trusted adviser, providing insightful business solutions and helping build long-term strategies. As a Senior Staff Accountant, you can develop your career as our reputable company continues to grow as you are tasked with the highest ethical standards, maintaining professionalism and ensuring impeccable customer service in everything we say and do.
How does our Team describe our culture?
- We live a well-balanced lifestyle
- We collaborate: We emphasize team work, sharing ideas, and giving feedback
- We desire to learn something new every day
- We believe anything is possible, you can define your future
- We always add value: to our clients, to our team, to ourselves
Keep reading IF…
You love keeping numbers, systems and documents organized. You are incredibly patient, level-headed, and cool under pressure. You excel at coordinating activities, information and keeping people accountable, both internally and externally.
You pay attention to the details with an analytical eye. You stay focused, see and address the important details without getting lost in the weeds on non-critical areas. You have a proven track record of solid written communication, facilitation of established processes, and the ability to catch all numerical errors.
You have a work-hard mentality. You are someone who will ask for more work when a day is slow and is very efficient with time. You take pride in getting things right the first time and learning from mistakes.
You are a super communicator. You are very personable and professional. You have the highest quality standards with a get things done the best way possible attitude. You think ahead on everything and are impeccable with follow-up and follow through.
You are a self-starter and lifelong learner. You are willing to learn new things and take on new tasks, as well as open to feedback and resourceful when issues or challenging situations may arise.
Here’s what your first year might look like…
- Within 1st month… will successfully complete company training and begin working closely with team members and clients, has familiarized themselves with accounting.
- Within first 3 months… able to lead and manage 2 to 3 client engagements, addressing and routing all client questions while navigating all relationships with partners and staff.
- Within first 6 months… comes up with resolution for identified problems and can efficiently manage 4 to 5 accounting engagements; tax seniors should be able to manage 10 to 15 tax engagements, with daily client interaction and management.
- By first year… can be entrusted with multiple repeat engagements and has taken on enough of the client engagements to help with not overloading the team.
Experience and knowledge required:
- 4-year accounting degree or related degree with Accounting Certificate
- 5+ years’ public accounting experience in tax and accounting – REQUIRED
- CPA license preferred
- Strong computer skills and a high level of proficiency in QuickBooks and Excel is a must, Adobe Acrobat, Lacerte and CCH Engagement preferred.
- Strong verbal/written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Able to independently prioritize and juggle multiple demanding deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment and project a positive attitude.
- Has experiencing overseeing and delegating to others.
We offer our full time employees the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation and career paths across departments and levels
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Chiropractic Insurance
- FSA and Dependent Care Cafeteria Plans
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- 401(K) Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Licensing reimbursement programs
- CPE training and credit
For consideration and interview, please submit your resume and availability to ASanford@rbtk-cpa.com
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, climb, talk, hear, see and use complex repetitive motions. May frequently lift and or move at least 30 pounds of materials, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in the job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed by this position. Additional duties may be assigned by the Supervisor or his/her designee.